Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hazel Eyes

This is my dark princess. I just couldn't resist sharing this.

Sitting in church today, I had this amazing feeling overcome me. A feeling I had never experienced in my life to date. I am so grateful I have the chance to have these two girls with Joseph and to feel things that I've never felt before. Yes, my body is spent. Yes, when they both start crying at the same time, my patience is pushed to the limit and then beyond. Yes, I wonder how I am really going to be enough. Yes, I am still dependent on outside help to accomplish menial household tasks. But, I have these amazing and big feelings. I cannot really explain them much more than that. I feel what I am doing is much more than me, and much more than I can understand--to love another human being and to devote my life to their welfare and care--I guess I am really learning how to love...or maybe I am just learning another way to love.

So this post is to love. All kinds. To the loves we have had, to the loves we have, and to the ones we still dream of.

To love.

5 comments:

  1. alissa!! i love your baby! she looks amazing and grandma says she is an angel.
    i want to see you and your family. i wish i could be there to take pictures for you, i've been thinking about it a lot because of whitney's baby.
    what are you doing for thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love you as well. Hazel is a beautiful baby! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your message really communicates what is important in life.

    You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you all with great vigor. She is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete