Tuesday, February 12, 2013

We will shortly be five!

Started in September 2012:
As evidence that our life is settling into normalcy and sustainable living, we are expecting a baby March 11!  I have been so sick. It's been hard on all of us. Happily, each day, strength is returning and I am less nauseous. Health is something I have always taken for granted. When I don't have it, my personality changes and then I get depressed which further complicates. So, the good news is healthy fetus, and getting heathlier momma.
While the thought of staying in this beautiful Deseret puts sadness into our hearts, we have decided that the next four years will be best for our family unit here. Mr. J has a wonderful job, we love our dacha (farm), and our neighbors, church community (synonymous), family and friends
 are wonderful.
We miss the lush east and humid climate, the rush of urban chaos, our dear friends and family, the zoo, the museums, the history, the access to culture. But, we have striven to bloom where we are growing and can report many beloved items we are attached to here.
Adding to our family is an exciting challenge and we hope to learn with dignity and grace the many life lessons that will come.
I am nesting in a really funny manner this round. I want to rid my house and life of everything. I cannot stand clutter and have no desire to spend time cleaning, organizing, or putting away anything.

Fast forward to February 2013:
mr. j lost his job in september, we spent 10 weeks on the road in md trying to move back east and set up employment and housing (no go), had the most wonderful weekend in ohio with my roommates at thanksgivmas eve, stopped in dillon, colorado for lunch and within 24 hrs had secured housing and full-time employment. so, mr. j lives and works in co, and little baby boy wheeler is due in 4 weeks! we will join mr. j early in may once everything is settled and stable.
what a ride the last year has been!
two things i learned during the darkest and most trying unstable times:
1. i can literally control nothing except my attitude and how I speak/interact with other people
2. gratitude breeds happiness and contentment




so, blog, i return to journal some of life's moments and creatively express the passion i feel inside.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, we really we're thrilled about staying in Utah were we? :) Changed a bit now.

    Your description of the east makes me nostalgic--though I love where we are now.

    Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is crazy and unexpected and I hope that all goes well with your upcoming baby and move! You are an amazing woman- and family- all the best!

    ReplyDelete