Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pinch me!

Sometimes I just cannot believe life and how happy certain moments can be. I am definitely no stranger to challenges and life opposition, but such a deep and profound happiness pervades day to day existence. I kinda feel like I am dreaming.

Mr. J reminded me last week that you cannot pour a concrete foundation in the rain... And this reminded me to get working hard on strengthening all I can while this life-lull abounds.

Even though I am 37+ weeks pregnant, and single-momming it with 6 goats and 2 kiddos, I feel like life is manageable and rewarding.

Today was a full day--I worked 5 hours this morning, the girls enjoyed Nana's company, then we spent the last 8 hours of the day playing...potatoe head farm and Cupid, board games, learning about Johnny Appleseed (book and movie from library), outside snow play, starting my first blanket/quilt project, and enjoying each other's company.

A non-scripted day that produced such happiness and peace. Just wanted to capture the essence to remind me when the rains and winds and tempests come...and I question when the last time happiness was in my grasp.




1 comment:

  1. So happy for you!!! Crossing my fingers for an easy and successful birth for baby boy wheeler SOON :) Lots of love from Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete