Monday, January 9, 2012

worked up

re: the supposed kardashian and mattel hookup to produce limited edition barbies...
I am more upset that Barbies exist in general, than the fact that individuals chosen to team up with Mattel might not be good role models. Barbies are just the beginning of a lie our society complicity sells in terms of how females are supposed to look.
The rumor claims the dolls will recreate the girls' measurements as well as their fashion/look. Which measurements? The photoshop'd ones? The "me at my best weight" ones? The "me during the holiday eating free for fall" ones?
Kardashians and Barbies already exist in the same category for me. My daughters (4 and 2 yrs old) will not be exposed to either in our home as minors.
Check out www.beautyredefined.com and www.missrepresentation.com for groups of people that are working on addressing this issue.
mother of two,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment